Dynamo Playgrounds is the world leader in innovative playground equipment. Our stunning designs and masterful engineering ensure that every piece we build inspires the imagination of children everywhere. Our primary mission is the creation of the safest, most durable and most fun playground equipment in the world.
Dynamo Playgrounds is looking for an intermediate level Mechanical Design Engineer help in the design of our custom playgrounds. This person needs to be a motivated, capable, organized, team player with a strong sense of execution.
Dynamo Playgrounds is located in Plantagenet, Eastern Ontario.
- Take early conceptual renderings and design real world play structures in 3D CAD to be fabricated at the Dynamo factory
- Ensure designs comply with CSA, ASTM and EU play grounds safety standards
- Analyze play structures for adequate strength utilizing hand calculations and FEA software
- Communicate with welders and machinists to discuss manufacturability of play structures as well as troubleshoot any issues that arise during fabrication
- Lead design review meetings of projects with Manufacturing, Management, Quality control, Purchasing and Fellow Engineers
- Involved in the creation of 100+ page fabrication packages for custom playgrounds, as well as checking drawing packages of other design engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3+ years professional working experience as a mechanical design engineer working with welders and machinists to design metal structures
- Intermediate to Expert skill level working in a 3D CAD environment (Solidworks, Catia, NX)
- Knowledge of FEA software to analyze metal structures
- 3+ years of mechanical drafting experience including but not limited to: Machined Parts, large weldment drawings, General Assemblies & Layouts
- Intermediate to Expert level working with Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault, AutoCAD & Inventor FEA Simulation
- Knowledge and experience using Rhino 3D
- Experience as a large project's point engineering contact
- Hands on experience working with welding machines, mills and lathes
- Familiarity with weld symbols and proper call out procedures
- Experience designing complex rope geometry
- French is an asset
- Group Benefits Plan (Medical, Dental)
- Paid holidays
- Training opportunities
- Exciting and diverse projects
- Competitive salaries
- Company run RRSP Plan
Dynamo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time